The subject begins with a discussion about planetary limits and growth, which justify the remaining content. Climate change is addressed starting from a description of the climate system that contemplates the elements that constitute it and the factors that make it up, including feedback, the energy balance, the greenhouse effect and ocean currents. Next comes the treatment of spatial and temporal variability, climate scales and extreme episodes, and the causes and evidence of climate change. Attention is also paid to climate modelling, simulation regionalization, and future scenarios and projections. Finally, some effects on the natural environment in the Mediterranean context are dealt with, such as water resources, land degradation and desertification; and other issues related to environmental change, such as the hole in the ozone layer and electromagnetic pollution.
- Obtain and select sources and information using ICT.
- New and complex situations and design various possible solutions criticisme and creativity.
- Apply the concept of complexity to analyze and interpret the processes of change and environmental conflicts.
- Analyze and interpret the response and management of environmental processes and changes with well thought-out arguments according to the conceptual frameworks of various disciplines.
- Build scenarios and plan environmental policies aimed at the recovery and protection of territory and/or water and/or air.